Foster Care & Adoption
Coming to our website shows your desire to be involved in the lives of foster children. Whether you decide to become a foster parent, a respite parent, or a volunteer, please know that by taking on any of these roles you will be helping to resolve a crisis both at the individual and societal level. Chileren who are seperated from their families, for any reason, is a difficult situation for everyone and due to a number of factors this situation is becoming even more difficult in our society. Angels' Crossing is changing the way foster care is delivered in this community and we know we could not do it without the support and commitment of individuals like you.
What We Do
Angels’ Crossing Foster Care recruits, trains and supports foster families to provide short and long-term family foster care for abused, neglected and abandoned children. Our foster families provide a home and atmosphere of love, discipline and nurture in which children are allowed to live safely, learn what makes a healthy family, come to know God’s love and heal from trauma they have experienced.
- Recruitment and training of foster families and volunteers
- Conduct home studies, ending with a formal approval as a foster family
- Intake and assessment of children in need of placement
- Pre-placement preparation of foster families
- Coordination of services upon placing a child
- Provisions for implementation of a child’s plan of care, or case plan, including but not limited to permanency planning, birth family visitation or interaction, educational services, recreational opportunities
- Discharge planning upon a child’s achieving permanency
- Post-placement support
- Waiting child adoption