Requirements to Foster Care
We are looking for the special family who wants to get involved in the lives of hurting children. The requirements are as follows:
* Willingness to work to meet the needs of each child and help facilitate towards a permanency plan.
* Be 21 years or older.
* Have adequate income to meet the needs of your family without the foster care per diem.
* Be able to provide appropriate care and supervision for all children in the home.
* Maintain the home in a condition to ensure the health and safety of children.
* Provide adequate sleeping arrangements, including a bed for each child and space to store clothing and personal possessions.
* Keep hazardous items (cleaning supplies, medications, firearms, knives, alcohol, etc.) in a place inaccessible to children.
* Have functional smoke alarms on each level of the home, as well as at least one fire extinguisher.
* Abide by all other home health and safety regulations.
Application process to become an Angels’ Crossing Foster Family
* Complete an application
* Provide four references
* Complete an extensive background and fingerprint checks for everyone in the household over 14 years old
* Complete physicals and/or letters of good health on each family member residing in the home
* Submit copies of personal documents, including birth certificates, marriage certificates, drivers licenses, car insurance, and any other required documents
* Provide a financial statement
After all of the above information is gathered and the application is approved Angels’ Crossing will notify you of the timeframe of the orientation, 30 hour training requirements (relevant to the type of child placed in your home) and home study that are required.
Once it is determined that you meet the qualifications to become an Angels’ Crossing foster family, Angels’ Crossing will send you a letter indicating you approval.
The quality and compliance of your family and home are very important. Since Angels’ Crossing wants to provide the highest level of care to foster children, Angels’ Crossing will continually evaluate the stability and quality of your home and conduct a formal re-evaluation annually.